One baby quilt down!

I’m happy to report that I found time to get this one bound and quasi-photographed. I have two more late winter babies to sew for, so it feels particularly good to get this one wrapped up.

I say quasi-photographed because I’ve been stuck at home with a fever enraged preschooler *all* week and there are about three feet of snow in the back yard (not lying!). I had wanted to do something more exciting with the photos, but as it was, sneaking outside for 10 minutes was quite challenging. Ah well, next time.

I have talked about this quilt before, so I’ll keep things short. I choose to bind the quilt with a teal stripe from Lotta Jansdotter’s Glimma collection. And because I love the candy stripe look I went to the trouble of making bias binding. Ooo fancy schmancy.

Little Lady Star, by Stitchified

The backing is from IKEA. I picked up a couple of yards of this print and now I wish I had grabbed more. It’s a little too sheer, but it’s awesomeness compensates for that and more. No wonder it’s so popular with fellow bloggers!

And that my friends is it — my new featherweight’s first piecing project and my first free motion flowers. Made entirely from my stash (yay!).

Interested in making a Little Lady Star for yourself? Check out my mini-tutorial here. It is stash friendly, just a half yard for each print! :)

Linking up with Crazy Mom and Finish it Up Friday!

• Fran February 21, 2014, 3:01 am

What a fabulous quilt! I love both the design and the gorgeous fabrics :-)

• cath@wombatquilts February 21, 2014, 1:00 pm

So sweet. I love your colour choices.

• Joanie February 22, 2014, 11:03 am

Darling baby quilt! So sorry your are home with a sick child. I hope he gets better soon! Yikes 3 feet of snow! Earlier this week we had high 70s when we had 2 days of snow one week earlier. Yesterday I had my fan blowing on me and today my space heater. Wild weather! Thansk for stopping by my blog!! :)

• Cheryl February 23, 2014, 8:06 am

Very sweet baby quilt! I love Lotta’s fabrics!

• Quilt Paradigm February 23, 2014, 8:55 am

I just finished one of these too!!! LOVE how yours turned out with two colors!! Seriously going to have to consider another :) LOVED the process with this one. Amazing how different color choices and quilting can make a completely different quilt!

• Kristel February 24, 2014, 12:00 am

How pretty! It has such an icy, wintery look.

• nicole - aka snips ;) February 24, 2014, 10:26 pm

Well you weren’t kidding about the two of us having the same week!
    Gorgeous finish! And my, what a lovely backing ;) Love the candy stripe binding too!
    Fingers crossed for some snow melting weather!