Hallelujah! It.is.done!

I know I’ve said it before, but oye vey! I have not enjoyed this quilt top! Thanks to all your advice and encouragement (and a little #selfishsewing project — more on that later in the week!) I was able to to get it finished. But now it’s done. Done. Done. Done! These elephants are literally made of four letter words — Good riddance little elephants!

Despite the hellish applique project that I brought upon myself, I’m so happy with how it came out.

I’m going to put it away for a week or so while I figure out how to quilt the darn thing. There is a *lot* of negative space, and I’m sort of at a loss. I spotted this paper pantograph called “Animal Crackers.” It looks, um, challenging. And I’m not sure what to make of the whole paper pantograph thing either. So, yes, I need to let things percolate before I figure out where I’m going next.

Which means, right now I’m all about celebrating the quilt top finish. Woohoo! And one last photo to commemorate the finish :)

Elephants On Parade WIP, by Stitchified

Happy Sewing!

• Lori landenburger March 3, 2014, 2:17 am

Woohoo!! You did it! And very well, I may say:) love the ‘phants and especially the checkered one:))

• Kate G March 5, 2014, 11:09 am

Wow! So much work for an amazing quilt top! I’m so glad you know it’s worth it. It can be easy to just toss something beautiful in a corner because of the pain it took to create it. Best, Kate

• Yvonne Fuchs March 5, 2014, 11:35 am

Congratulations! It looks fabulous! Perhaps you should treat yourself to something fun and a bit less… tedious? difficult? challenging? for the quilting.

• Samantha March 5, 2014, 11:40 am

I’m sorry it was not fun to work on- but it is gorgeous!!

• Andrea @ Mouse in My Pocket March 5, 2014, 12:10 pm

This looks great, even if the elephants were evil. I think it would be super cool if you could incorporate some of the lyrics to Heffalumps and Woozles into the quilting. (http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/classicdisney/heffalumpsandwoozles.htm) Mostly because your story of trying to get them done fills me with the dread that Piglet has of the Heffalumps and Woozles.

• charlotte m. March 5, 2014, 3:30 pm

Wonderful job. Such a cute quilt top!

• Heather @ Bobbins and Bullets March 5, 2014, 3:40 pm

It doesn’t sound like a great process, but it looks awesome! Maybe have someone else quilt it? I came over from WiP Wednesdays.

• Jenni March 6, 2014, 8:58 am

Love love love! The struggle paid off – it’s adorable :)

• Renee March 6, 2014, 6:41 pm

haha out of four letter words–I believe it though, there are a lot of turns on them! But, they look super cute and you did an excellent job!

• Carol March 6, 2014, 8:05 pm

I Love this!!! Very Cool!

• Erin March 8, 2014, 5:31 am

6 grey elephants, balancing. Step by step on a piece of string.
    Too much time in a kindy room! I can’t help but sing along. Look forward to seeing your quilting :-)
    E xx

• Laura March 9, 2014, 10:47 am

Love the elephants! Figure eights or loops might evoke peanuts. Or, to reference the Spanish version of the song Erin quoted, you could do something geomtetric to evoke cobwebs.